Online Support Resources for PPD
Wednesday PPD Chats for Women
Every Wednesday, Postpartum Support International has an informational phone forum for moms, facilitated by an expert in perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and recovery. Participation is free.
It’s a safe, compassionate place to talk about pregnancy or new motherhood, or to hear other mothers share their difficulties. You can remain anonymous. They have one every Wed. It alternates between 11am one week and 8pm the next week. They have one for fathers on Mondays.
Visit http://postpartum.net/chat-with-an-expert/ for call schedule and access codes, or call 1-800-944-4773 for more information.
Other Online Resource Pages for PPD
Websites Supporting Perinatal Mood Disorders
- app-network.org – information about postpartum psychosis
- bipolarmomlife.com – One woman’s blog about parenting with Bipolar Disorder
- birthtraumaassociation.org.uk – great information about traumatic childbirth. More links about PTSD folowing traumatic birth can be found here www.ppdil.org/traumatic-childbirth
- drsarahallen.com – information on perinatal mood disorders, free screening tool and free downloadable booklet Guide To Pregnancy & Postpartum Anxiety, Depression & Stress.
- givingbirthwithconfidence.org – women sharing stories of their pregnancy, birth and postpartum experiences
- hmhb.org – the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition website
- mypostpartumvoice.com – online Twitter chat about pregnancy & postpartum issues
- motherisk.org – provides evidence-based information and guidance about the safety or risk to the developing fetus or infant, of maternal exposure to meications, chemicals, diseases, radiation and environmental agents.
- Online/ Telephone – therapy/consultation via telephone or online video conferencing makes it convenient to access expert professional help
- postpartumprogress.com – most widely read blog about perinatal mood disorders
- postpartumstress.com/blog – Good blog posts about perinatal mood disorders
- postpartumdepression.org – A comprehensive website about postpartum depression symptoms, treatment and support
- sobermommies.com – Supporting sobriety and motherhood
- womensmentalhealth.org – The Massachusetts General Hospital’s website for up-to-date, evidence based information on women’s mental health.